"Change. For us. For our clients. For the work that we do. And the way that we do it. Change = interesting"
Paul Cardwell, Executive Creative Director
"The dynamism extends beyond our projects, it’s the day-to-day, it’s the collaboration, it’s the atmosphere."
Ross Thompson, Resource Manager
"We’re like a family. We take the crazy with the clever. I don’t have to be anyone else but myself."
Kaylee Dobie, Account Manager
"I love participating in the final process. Knowing that I can add even more quality to such creative material!"
Poliana Juliano, Pre-press
"A great culture of sharing and support lets everyone bring their own unique talents to the table."
Candace Tan, Strategist
"I just love that you can be part of this big global community."
Joe Tsai, Senior Designer
"I love how we’re not afraid to take chances. You’d be surprised how often “what if” leads to something great here."
Jason Nehemia, Junior Designer
"You get to work together as a team, but also get individual recognition for your work."
Junying Tang, Designer
"I'm still amazed at the great work that our team continues to deliver. It's great to see the client's eyes widen."
Bayu Asmara, Managing Director
"Working with colleagues from all over the world makes me feel like part of the bigger picture."
Louise Henning, Accountant
The Business Development Director will be responsible for the growth of our current client partnerships and will be instrumental in identifying and proactively pursuing the partnerships of tomorrow – clients who are interested in taking risks and want innovative solutions that align with our agency’s visions and goals.
They’ll be someone with a fresh perspective, a strategic thinker who knows the agency space (but needn’t necessarily be from an agency). They’ll be insightful and inspirational; the results of their work won’t just have an impact on the bottom line – the right clients; the right projects; these are things that resonate through all aspects of agency culture.
The Business Development Director will develop RFP responses and run the pitch process end-to-end; identifying and understanding a client’s business needs and collaborating with other department heads to develop cross-disciplinary pitch teams.
This cannot be done in a silo so strong communication and leadership skills, as well as the ability to build trust with our internal teams, is as essential as their external relationships. It’s a lot to ask, but it’s what makes the right person thrive.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Development and cultivation of a new business pipeline and client relationships
- Partnership with CFO and Managing Director to define relevant prospects to pursue
- Collaboration with key departmental leads to develop tailored pitch teams for each engagement
- Understanding prospective client’s business goals and strategic requirements in order to guide the pitch team to develop pointed, innovative solutions that meet the client’s needs
- Leading the ongoing development of the new business practice and process guiding overall engagement strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans
- Ensuring constant and clear communication, efficient time allocation, and appropriate prioritization of responsibilities
- Showcasing our thought leadership and industry knowledge to initiate new and ongoing conversations with potential clients
- Conducting regular analysis of areas for business growth and expansion outside of core business capabilities
- Working alongside key client executives (internally and externally) to maintain strong post-engagement relationships and identify new opportunities and areas for development ensuring that our approaches and solutions are connected to their objectives and future needs
Who you are
At least 7-10 years’ experience, ideally in consultative selling but we are most interested in candidates that are focused and persistent with a drive and proven track record of winning new work. You are an expert at managing relationships internally and externally to grow business.
You’re a natural networker and will join us with an extensive collection of viable, well researched and connected senior contacts across a variety of industries and are ready to engage with them immediately.
You will oversee the pitch process, focused on how we will win, ensuring that every presentation and every environment component is flawless.
While you need to lead, you will also mentor and work well across teams, inspiring them to deliver and empowering them to offer ideas.
You are high energy, positive, inspirational, and results-driven, focused on identifying the right decisions for the company. These qualities are apparent and appreciated when you are in front of an audience.
Your views are clear and have an innovative vision that defines your decisions, but you’re agile, flexible and open to new ideas of working. You’re always prepared to make a robust business case for appropriate buy-in.
You recognize the need to explore targeted industries to understand what people are doing, how and where clients are interested in investing, what their future needs will be and who their current agencies are.
You possess the ability to read between the lines and listen, not just hear. You will be able to infer and identify key information in order to communicate it consistently and correctly across our pitch team.
You have the proven ability to translate ideas into to compelling, well-written stories and presentations. Your belief in our company and passion for building brands is always apparent in your communication.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or use the application form below.
* Required fields
Business Development 1 openingBusiness Development Director, New York
Can't see what you're looking for?
We may not have an open vacancy right now but that doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. Send us your details and we'll get in touch if the right opportunity comes up.Send your details